September is nearly half over (I’ll give you points if you can tell me how the HELL that happened) which means fall shows have already begun. I loooooove me some TV and tonight I am preparing for the official launch of what I like to refer to as ‘couch potato season’. For awhile I only [...]
September is nearly half over (I’ll give you points if you can tell me how the HELL that happened) which means fall shows have already begun. I loooooove me some TV and tonight I am preparing for the official launch of what I like to refer to as ‘couch potato season’. For awhile I only had shows 2 or 3 nights a week but that seems to keep extending itself as the networks move shows around and revamp their programming.
Luckily I had SYTYCD to keep me entertained through part of the summer, but even that was a bit of a disappointment this year. Of course I watched every episode religiously (some even twice) but overall, I found Season 8 rather underwhelming. But as of today (yesterday actually if I was more on top of things) nights of boredom has come to an end.
Last night was all about The Vampire Diaries! Lots of people are dead, Caroline’s mom knows she’s a vampire, Stefan has gone to the dark side and if Elena knows what’s good for her, she’ll get her a big ole’ piece of Damon this year. It’s going to be a
good great season!
For those of you with a TV addiction like mine, here is a lovely little cheat sheet (courtesy of the TV addict - how appropriate) to keep you up to date with all the September premiere dates. Thank God for DVR because my schedule just filled up. Here’s what I’ll be doing from now till Christmas.
- 90210 (yes, I watch this show – don’t judge me)
- New Girl
I watched the pilot for this last week on a tip from /Film and think it’s really cute! It’s a little predictable and sometimes beyond cheesy, but cute nonetheless. If you can’t wait until next Tuesday for the premiere, download it from iTunes (FOR FREE) and watch it now.
- America’s Next Top Model (yes, I also still watch this show. I’m lame, I know. Next.)
But seriously, you should totally watch this season of ANTM! It’s an all-star season with all the bitches and weirdos from previous seasons and there is LOTS of drama. AND, next week (9/21) is makeover week and my stylist/salon worked on all the girls. She couldn’t tell me much about it before it airs, but that’s one episode I’m definitely watching real-time!
- Criminal Minds
- The Vampire Diaries
- Grey’s Anatomy
- Person of Interest
I don’t know much about this show other than it’s from Lost creator, J.J. Abrams, and stars Jim Caviezel (a.k.a. Jesus) (whom I kinda love … Jim, not Jesus) and Ben from Lost. It’s kind of mystery, kind of action, kind of weird, and I’m totally in on weird. Watch the trailer and let me know what you think! I think it’s got potential, but I also thought that about The Event and we all know how that turned out. Major FAIL.
I am OVER THE MOON that this show has not been cancelled yet, despite last season’s move to Friday night, where all shows go to die. I was really confused at the end of last season so I have high hopes for this one as I also fear it might be the last. John Noble, the actor who plays Walter/Walternate is nothing short of spectacular and has gone nearly unnoticed for the life of the show. I’m excited just to see what they’ve got him doing.
As you can see, I’ve got some issues. But everyone can suck it because, truth be told, I am TOTALLY OK with my issues. I can honestly and openly say (arms open wide, head tipped back) I LOVE TV!
Who’s with me?
Creative station, H-57, embarked on a recent project creating historical figures out of pictograms. Amazing how they’ve managed to interject such wit into such minimalistic design. Michael Jackson is my favorite.
I was tagged by the lovely Marie, over at 1000 Reasons I’m a Bad Mom to reveal 10 things about me you don’t give two shits about probably don’t already know. Here goes.
My biggest fear is fire. I have a very realistic, albeit irrational, fear of my house burning down, potentially taking [...]
I was tagged by the lovely Marie, over at 1000 Reasons I’m a Bad Mom to reveal 10 things about me you
don’t give two shits about probably don’t already know. Here goes.
- My biggest fear is fire. I have a very realistic, albeit irrational, fear of my house burning down, potentially taking myself, my animals or my family with it. That, and one day becoming a crazy cat lady. Like I said, realistic, yet irrational.
- I won’t eat raw tomatoes. Yuck. Cook them and it’s a whole other ballgame. I’ll eat the shit out of those.
- I have an idea for a product I have no name for other than what it is: ass-crack deodorant. Thank God for g-strings because this girl has got a sweaty ass! My closest friends make fun of me and my swamp ass. One of them even gave me some Anti Monkey Butt Powder as a gift. But I know I’m not the only one - Kathy Griffin also has a sweaty ass.
- I have 3 tattoos. This is the latest. And yes, one of them is a tramp stamp. Go figure.
- In my 20′s I had the opportunity to go to school to become a zookeeper. I was a scientist before I was a designer and eventually wanted to work with animals, big cats in particular. Sometimes I wish I had taken the chance but I don’t want to look back with regrets so I file it away in the “what if” folder.
- I have a tendency to say that I’m the least religious person I know. However, when I do, my mother always disagrees with me. She likes to then repeatedly tell a story about how we went to church once when I was very young and I came running out of Sunday school screaming, “JESUS. JESUS. JESUS.” Apparently that makes me religious?
- I love jigsaw puzzles.
- I am an only child. I also have a brother and a sister. Figure that one out.
- I have a recurring dream in which I’m waiting tables drunk and I can’t remember anyone’s order. I’ve had this dream at least a dozen times, each time in a different place, but always drunk. Perhaps that’s my punishment for 20 years of waiting tables. God, I’m old.
- I make my bed everyday. It was actually one of my (ok, the only) 2011 New Year’s resolution I made. Strangely, it makes me feel very organized.
- around the house
- at the bookstore
- at the movies
- at the office
- carbohydrate friday
- clothes horse
- daily affirmations
- designerly inspiration
- etsy love
- feelin' patriotic
- for your information
- four-legged friends
- FREE stuff
- fun and games
- furniture obsessions
- gift ideas
- going green
- holiday inspiration
- home improvement
- I love TV
- I want to go to there.
- iPhone love
- it's happy hour somewhere…
- little people
- make me beautiful
- paper parade
- pinterest wtf
- put your crafty hat on
- shoe fetish
- smARTy pants
- strange and weird
- tee hee
- the great outdoors
- work that ass
- x-mas wishlist